This sterling silver meditation ring has an ancient Buddhist mantra on it. It is one of the most commonly chanted mantras in the yoga world.
"Om Mani Padme Hum"
This special yogic chant is Sanskrit and it’s pronounced OHM-MAH-NEE-PAHD-MAY-HUM.
In English, this rhythmic chant literally translates to “Praise to the Jewel in the Lotus.” This might not make much sense to new yogis or even to well-practiced yogis, but the mantra’s essence is powerful and pure.
The Dalai Lama said, its meaning is “great and vast” because all the teachings of the Buddha are wrapped up in this one phrase.
- Om = the vibration or sound of the universe; represents divine energy and generosity and purifies the ego
- Ma = represents ethics and purifies jealousy
- Ni = represents patience and purifies want or desire
- Pad = represents diligence and purifies ignorance and judgment
- Me = represents concentration and purifies attachment
- Hum = the unity of all; represents wisdom and purifies hatred
Often you will need a size larger than your usual size in this style of ring due to the thickness of it.